2009/03/26

You have plenty of time to sleep... When you're dead

Well, i promised a post about the Festival magazine, but that will have to wait for now

I think for today, i'll just post what's happening/on my mind - The next few days are going to be a killer.
Prepare for a VERY long post....... ^^"

Okay, first of all, im sick - I caught a cold. Not from just 1 reason, but from several reasons...
Contribution #1:
Last night, I was at Parramatta church for my sisters wedding rehersal (oh yeah, i haven't mentioned that yet) and there was an electrical storm and wind/rain... the works. I had to basically stand at the boom gate to let cars come into the carpark and one of the groomsmen was very late.
So i just stood there in the cold with occasional droplets falling onto me. I was wearing shorts and a tee shirt and sandals - for a good +half hour

Contribution #2:
That night i slept with the window open - There were a few mosquitos and it was hot in my room. Little did i realise that the wind changed direction and the temperature dropped fast at around 2-3am while i was sound asleep. Come this morning and i was in a pretty crap condition.

Contribution #3:
Our computer lab where all my classes are held, we have this awesomely powerful airconditioner. What makes matters worse, is that my lecturer is Siberian and kinda short and pudgy - He loves his near-minus weather. So i sat in class the whole day (6hrs of classes) freezing my arse off and quickly caught the cold.

I've taken some meds to help but i still feel like crap, but OH~~~ The world must continue on. With or without me.

~~~Here is the next 5 days of my "Sleepless schedule"~~~

Friday 27th: BIBLE STUDY AND THE AIRPORT
I have bible study at a friends house a good 45min drive away. That kicks off at 7pm and goes to 10pm. IMMEDIATELY after that, i must head to the airport to pickup my auntie and cousins who are attending the wedding. The airport is a good 30mins from my friends place and their flight arrives at 1030pm - The drive home takes a good hour, so factoring in customs and their time wasting idiocy, I estimate that i'll get home at 12am - Just in time for the next day.......

Saturday 28th: THE WEDDING
Basically that's a whole day affair and draining on anyone who is directly involved. I am tasked with parking guidance for guests, so i get a CB radio - sounds kinda fun.
After that, i switch jobs to 'Refreshments co-ordinator' for right after the ceremony. Yep, i have to co-ordinate the entire setup to packup and movement of people during this time. +20 helpers and 'x' guests.
THE CAKE:
I need to head west (Back past my house - +30min drive) to pick up the tower cake in its parts (of course) and then drive an est. 1.5hrs back towards the city to the restraunt.
THE RECEPTION:
Im the A/V guy (Audio/Visual) - Sound equipment setup, projector and screen setup (x2), Music, Photo slides, Mic placement, AND THEN packup, etc - It's pretty full on from looking at the schedule.
I'll have to leave at around 11pm to drive the 'gramps and grannies' back home before they nod off.

Sunday 29th: AIRPORT AGAIN
I need to wake at 7am to drive my cousin (another one) to the airport at 8am for his 10am flight.
Then i have a few hours until 2:30pm where i have A/V duty at my church for the musicians to practice - That goes on until 5pm when the service starts. Service lasts for about 1.5-2hrs and then everyone heads to the 'Mando centre' at Chatswood for dinner - I'll then leave the centre at (normally) 9-10pm and drive the full 1hr trip back home.

Monday 30th: AN EXAM
But i only have a half day at campus - But note from the above, i'll have very little time to study for anything.

Tuesday 31st: THE BLOODY AIRPORT AGAIN
At precisely 6am, my parents leave for a short holiday trip to... somewhere ^^"
That means a 2am wakeup (1hr drive) to get there at 4am, so they can check-in (Arriving 2hrs b4 flight is normal practice for domestic flights btw)
Then i guess i'll head to campus a whole 3-4hrs early for my classes at 9:30am - Which i'll probably sleep in my car and then find a McDees nearby for brekkie.
I then have classes from 9:30am to 5pm - Basically an "all-day'er" which is normally completely draining for me.

Ah yes, to top that all off, the fact that i am still sick.

So, if you actually read all that text, i congratulate you if you could understand all that incoherent blabbering nonsense.
These few days is going to be one of the ultimate tests of my stamina - I just hope i don't keel over on the wheel while driving around...

5 comments:

  1. Don't you think you drive a bit too much..? ^^;
    I'm beginning to doubt your occupation xD Could be a butler in disguise.
    And yes, computer rooms tend to have uber cooling.. no, freezing aircond. Perhaps so that the computers don't overheat?

    Get well soon dude.

    ...
    NUTBLADDERS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm...... I hope all those won't prevent you from studying for exams ^^; Seems as though you shouldn't have learnt how to drive XD
    Get well soon! I also haet the stong air conditioning we get in school. It's like I'm sneezing and blowing my nose while trying to do the test/homework.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah... I hate it when the temperature suddenly dropped like that when I have the windows opened. Worse if there was rain too. I recently learned how to drive and acquired a car as well. I had to drive people around a lot now hahaha. But I don't mind since I've been driven around a lot too ^^;

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude, that's a grueling schedule. x_x

    Can you get Claritin over where you live? I've always found it to be the cold medicine that works best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a long list lol

    Btw, nice to meet you. I found you on dannychoo.com ^^

    ReplyDelete